Sunday, November 20, 2011

Canada's Rivers at Risk


       Ugh! More homework? Come on! Well, I guess I can tell you about it. So guess what? More social studies!!! OK. So, in socials, we were learning about mapping. You know, how to make and read maps. We got this map of Canada and there were instructions on what to do on the map. There was some easy stuff like colour this province this colour and that province that colour. But there were a little more harder stuff like locate this river and were is this lake found and stuff like that. Also, we had to complete our map with any kind of title, frame, and compass. Oh ya! We also had to out line all pieces of land in light blue because it shows that the piece of land is surrounded by ocean water. Man! This was going to be alot of work.

        So, after I coloured it and all and outlined it and located the rivers and lakes, then came the frame, compass, and title. I named this "Canada's Rivers at Risk" because on the instructions page, that was the title. So, I thought that it made the most sense. My frame was "SAVE THE RIVERS!" and then a picture of a river each time I wrote that. And I made my compass show N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, and NW. It's also green and red.

        The result of all this hard work is an amazing thing, really. I hope you like it!!!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a few words: