Sunday, November 20, 2011

My Social Studies Title Page!!!!!


         Now, first things first. This amazing piece of art started when my 5th grade teacher started teaching us about our first unit in social studies. So, you know, we read about blah blah this, blah blah that. Then finally, she said, "Boys and girls, for homework tonight we will do our social studies title page to start our unit in social studies. Please have it completed and on my desk first thing tommorow morning!" Some people were groaning and saying, "Do we have to?" But, as you know, I love art, so I was pretty excited.

          So, after school ended that day and me and my mom got home, first thing I did after off course eating a snack was take out all my supplies to do my homework. I got out all my pencils and erasers. Markers and pencil crayons. And last but not least, my thin, black, sharpie. Then I got to work! I started sketching here and there. Erasing every once in a while. Then, when I knew everything was perfect, I started to colour. And my teacher didn't just let us shade in everything all light. Oh no. She made us colour so hard that by the time we were done, we couldn't move our hands! But it was definetly worth it. My teacher also made us outline everything in a thin, black, sharpie. But I really didn't mind all that much because the results were outstanding!
(As you can see in the picture above.) Then, after colouring the background, I was finally finished!

           So, as you can see, all this hard work really paid off. I hope you enjoy my fabulous social studies title page!!!!!!!!!!

         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a few words: